Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

About Green Dorcy Mod

I'm REALLY new here, so if this sounds idiotic, please try to understand. :eek:

I'm building a red Dorcy mod, but the "green wavelength" (I heard from Wikipedia)
Is alot more visible to the eye, and it's too tempting to buy a green laser diode, or somewhere in that area  :D and simply just replace the red dvd diode w/ a green one. (My first one overheated and died :-[ )  Is it even remotely possible? If so, is there some kind of tutorial that I could follow? I already did a search on Google for green laser diodes, but nothing interesting came up.

Thanks

What you need to do is....
Do a forum search for "DPSS"... :cool:

Then you will understand why you can't replace a Red Laser Diode
with a Green Laser Diode.. :)

No such thing, at this point. Green laser diodes, as of this day, don't exist in any usable form.

Green laser light is produced from a whole module, in which light from an IR laser passes through 2 different crystals which convert the IR light into green light, and do so very inefficiently. This module takes up quite a bit more space than a diode, so you can't just place one in instead of another.

You may be able to get a green module to place in a Dorcy flashlight, but it will likely be just as cheap and much easier to just buy a green laser already in a host.

pullbangdead said:
No such thing, at this point.  Green laser diodes, as of this day, don't exist in any usable form.  

Green laser light is produced from a whole module, in which light from an IR laser passes through 2 different crystals which convert the IR light into green light, and do so very inefficiently.  This module takes up quite a bit more space than a diode, so you can't just place one in instead of another.  

You may be able to get a green module to place in a Dorcy flashlight, but it will likely be just as cheap and much easier to just buy a green laser already in a host.

Thanks- do u know any sites where I can buy the module w/ the host?

I don't think you can buy a dorcy with a green module in it. Otherwise, if you want a good green module to be placed in a host:

Look in the buy/sell/trade section here on this forum, there's a topic about green laser modules there. The seller is called "standstone". She sell great modules at great prices, just PM her where you tell her which module you want to buy, then she will send you a paypal request. :cool: