Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

? about aixiz modules

i got a few of the modules i ordered today but when i assemble everything the diode is still loose and moves around. they came w/ the casing and a spring thats larger than the diode i got. did i put it together wrong or is the spring supposed to hold it in place?

You need some sort of a thermal paste to hold it in place. The spring doesn't hold the diode it only allows you to adjust focus.

ok i got everything put together but there is no beam just focused light. the diode is fine b/c it still burns when focused but what do i use to focus the light to a beam?

chido

What do you mean by focus into a beam? If you say it can burn by focusing it, then just take the laser to a dark room and focus it to a small spot (not to small or you might burn the wall ;D) and you should be able to see the beam. Maybe not so bright since it's a red laser, but you should be able to see something.
What diode are you using?
And at what current are you driving it at, are you even using a circuit?

chido

I just read your first post, just in case you still need help, I just took these pics of my aixiz housing:

Aixiz001.jpg

Aixiz002.jpg

Aixiz003.jpg

took it apart put it back together the right way(thanx for the pic btw) and i think i fried my diode.... :'( my ir diode should be here tomorrow so i guess ill try it again

ndrew2505 said:
took it apart put it back together the right way(thanx for the pic btw) and i think i fried my diode.... :'( my ir diode should be here tomorrow so i guess ill try it again

FYI,
you probably won't be able to see your IR unless you are using some type of CCD with IR filter removed. In other words, don't think it's dead because it isn't giving off light.

chido said:
I just read your first post, just in case you still need help, I just took these pics of my aixiz housing:

Aixiz001.jpg

Aixiz002.jpg

Aixiz003.jpg

I like how your module stays nice and clean of fingerprints! ;D