Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A130 pulsed output

My A130 diode, running off a DIY DDL driver at 1A is definitely giving a pulsed output. I suspected it when moving the beam around quickly noticed a strobing dot. Now I've been bouncing it off a spirograph and it's unmistakable, the circle is divided into segments rather than continuous like my other lasers... any ideas why? I can't fathom it. Lowering the voltage to the driver seems to increase the off periods making the effect more pronounced, so not the voltage regulator going into thermal protection.

Razako

Just wondering, but is it running off AC from the wall? If so you probably need better filtering in your power supply. Pulsating dc will cause a flicker like that.

Hmmm... I'm going to do a test and I'll get back to you, it's possible I suppose.

Edit: you're dead right. Problem solved. How stupid LOL

Last edited:
Yeah, just switch to batteries if you are using ac/dc. Then you will know and you can go back to ac/dc with some modifications. I get a pulsed 445nm when I'm using the microboost, when the battery gets low. However, I shut down immediately, because the driver and battery starts to get hot.