Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

a New sharp violet diode

The NUBM0A is essentially a NUBM44 with a GBall and they are rated at 4.75W although they can be over driven to 7.5W or so just like the NUBM44 and divergence appears to be comparable. Now the NUBM49 and NUBM42 ( been out for a while ) are both weaker than the NUBM44 and actually have much worse divergence ( GBall lens removed and tested with the same G2 as the NUBM44 ) so I don't know what to expect from the NUBM0E but it appears to be rated at 5.0W so if it is stronger and the divergence is no worse than the 44.....would be awesome if it was better.....then it will be a good replacement at a better price as the 44's projector is discontinued.....however Smackitup/Barnette said he has another source for 44's, still a stronger diode or the same with better divergence ( we can hope ) is welcome, we shall see.

more power....more power..more power!!!!!!!!AAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAA.......IT is a real disease. Ilike IT!

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
giphy.gif

I received my NUBM0E with replaced window can and it has divergence the same as a NUBM44 however it's not quite as strong, it does about half a watt less than the nubm44 @ 4.5A 6.9W vs. 7.4W but at under 40 bucks it's not bad, the NUBM0A would be a better one to re-can as it's basically a NUBM44 with a GBall.

Sounds interesting.....There are a lot of new diodes being produced. I hope that one is able to reach 10W with good divergence.

Well as far as these multi mode phosphor pumpers for projectors go, the multi chip arrays have taken center stage, so I don't know if we will see much as far as new single diodes in this class go, but it would be nice. I'm hoping we see some quantum dot laser diodes next year, maybe made in mass for some super pico projectors or something....holo pico maybe......hoping.....