Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A new laser out there...

T

timelord

Look like a cross bread between a WL Spyder and the Envee's gone wrong. I can see Burt Reynalds going down the river getting away from the inbreds LOL!!!

S

SenKat

Actually, I will be doing a review of that laser in a weeks' time....I will post LOTS of pics, and stats...."Let's get ready to rummmmbllllleeee !"

Actually, I think it looks quite nice and functional. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I may buy one if the price is right and specs are good.

S

SenKat

Well, folks - the owner of that laser was under the impression I was a moderator at CPF....so I am uncertain if he will still want me to review it or not - keep your fingers and toes crossed that he still will be willing to let me test it out....

Just sent you an email SenKat. I'm still sending it to you on the 19th. The price for the first 30 people will be $210 + $25 (US Canada only price) shipping from Canada. I just happened to get to know the guy selling these lasers and did some programming for him, so he sent me one free. It took 4 days to get to St. Louis, Missouri. I don't know the rules here yet but if anyone wants one you can email Rick Lee for details at kaylee_qq@yahoo.com.

I'd be interested in seeing SenKat's review too.

megahurts

I don't care so much what they look like if they live up to the specs. I rather like the octagonal "bolt head" part. It'll keep the thing from rolling when set down.

Lifted this from the site:

* Weight : 146 grams (excluding batteries)
* Dimensions : 177mm length x 28mm diameter (at bolt head), 20mm diameter (at battery cap) x
* Batteries: 2 x 1.5V AA alkaline batteries or 1.2V NiMH (batteries not included due to postal restrictons)
* Power output : 150mW
* Wavelength : 532nm (green)
* Casing : Aluminum
* Beam Divergence : 0.5mRad - 0.9mRad
* Beam Diameter : 2.0mm - 3.0mm
* Warranty : 30 days after delivery date (confirmable by tracking number)

AA batteries - excellent.
If the divergence on these things actually hits the specs they will have awesome beams.

EDIT: TEM00 beam according to the seller in response to an e-mail. No duty cycle given but reports about 3 minutes continuous 'on' time in personal testing/fiddling.

I'm going to take a chance on one of these.

S

SenKat

I eagerly await the arrival of it for testing....I'll run it through its' paces - post vids, pics, and graphed output of hte power...I will do a VERY thorough review of it ! Thanks for going out on a limb Megahurts and passing it along for reviewing ! As long as it does everything it is supposed to, my review may make for a damned good advertisement for him ! He'll have orders coming outta his ears ! ;D ;D

S

SenKat

No - the arrangement goes like this : (To the best of my understanding)
The seller went to China to have them made, since he thought the design was nice, and he could provide quality for less that some others out there. His friend, Megahurts polled members of CPF to see if there was any interest in them - when it was found out that there was interest, he gave the thumbs up signal to his buddy, who told the Chinese manufacturers to go ahead and make a preliminary batch to test the waters, so to speak. So, Megahurts received his sample, and is passing it on to me for reviewing/testing, etc....and I will provide a good review of the laser, complete with pics of just about everything ! I know that is a long winded explaination of yes or no to your question, but maybe it'll help answer some others' questions at the same time ! :cool: I REALLY hope it is as good as it looks - That would be a HUGE price break for a decent laser !

Greg

N00B

Yes Senkat, as soon as you get that bad boy get that review up asap ;D, if all turns out well this will be my next laser for sure. The power and beam divergence let alone the price are enough for me :eek:

Waiting eagerly

~Nick

While the power is good, since the beam diameter is so big does this mean you'll need an external lense to do serious burning???????

S

SenKat

If you want to buy it prior to me doing a review - I would email him first.

email Rick Lee for details at kaylee_qq@yahoo.com .

If you wait a few more days, I should have it by then, and can review it for all....

I'm going to try to send it out to Senkat tomorrow (WED). I'll email you with the tracking number. If they don't rob me at the Post Office, I'll overnight it, otherwise 2-3 day.

BTW - My friends ebay listing keep getting shut down, so he's thinking about doing a website. So I will let you guys know when that is going. He has a real advantage with family in China to do negotiating for him. If this goes well, I know he wants to do some more designs based on feedback from people. I'm sure there won't be a lack of suggestions here. So get your wishlist ready!