Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A house for your laser...

Today I went down to my local cigar shop and picked up 3 wooden boxes for $3/ea that are PERFECT. Also what is nice is that the store donates all $$ earned from boxes to charity!

hevnsnt said:
Today I went down to my local cigar shop and picked up 3 wooden boxes for $3/ea that are PERFECT.  Also what is nice is that the store donates all $$ earned from boxes to charity!

AND, the cedar the boxes are made of will protect your lasers from tobacco weevils. [smiley=wink.gif]

darmom

Very similar in function to Pelican cases are Storm Cases http://www.stormcase.com/   The ones I've seen are quite a bit more affordable than Pelican.   Also, look for any hard-sided gun case. They are usually foam lined and many have modular foam which will allow you to make a custom fit for your gear. They vary in price from very cheap to surprisingly expensive.

I have one of those extreme cigar cases that suicideking showed you but my pelican 1400 series case is worlds tougher. The only reason I bought the pelican is because I had butt loads of store credit at the SCUBA shop I work at and we're a pelican dealer so I got it for next to nothing. But the Xtreme cigar case is plenty enough protection.

The pelicans come with customizable foam so you can pack your stuff with more than enough protection.

Here is a pic of mine with my laser my home made tv-b-gone and a few packs of desiccant.

DSCF3580.jpg