Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

A decent laser pen distributor/manufacturer

Thanks again guys for all the input. I was initially just going to go with the Sanwu but just a bit too pricey for how I intend to use it. Lifetime 17 has pointed me in the direction of DTR where ive been checking out his wares. The NDG7475 520 1W is where i think ill start.
Id previously bought a few of the cheap 30mW diode with driver from dealextreme. I was impressed with brightness but not the build. Im using the laser more like a torch. I take of all the lenses which incurs maxmimum divergence i then at a distance of around one foot then focus the diverergence by use of different lenses for a nice pool of green light. With 1w im hoping to achieve a brighter further away pool of green light. A beam expander would not help me in any way would it?

Thsnks Decameron

Last edited:

No replies to my last input on my project. Is this because it goes against usual laser practice?

Thanks Decameron

GSS

No not an unusual practice, its just not all have any experience with expander's and just might have to wait for someone to chime in:)
Might want to look at members RedCowboy and Alaskans threads. They seem to use them alot and it seems these past few days they haven't been their usual active.
If what your saying is that you focus the first lens to a wide spot, the expander will focus it to a tight spot further away. Thats my little knowledge:thinking:

Last edited:
That was my thinking in regards to expander. Thanks for your input GSS��

Hi Decameron,
My Sanwu Challenger 2 1Watt 520 nm can "defocus" to put out a very wide pool of green light at distance (careful as that means you have a close focal point that will burn). I LOVE the 520 nm LED color-prefer it to the 532 nm DPSS

Thanks Pelagius for your reply. If you can and its not too much of a problem the divergance measurrment say at a foot distance from laser when defocusing?

Thsnks D