Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

850nm laser diode power supply

TheMrViper

Hi, im new in laser party, and need some help.

I own laser diode 2.3W 850nm

Which driver i need to drive it? can you suggest something?

Also, why i can't use modules like XL4015 or LM2596S, they have voltage & current limits

The LM2596S, is suitable for led, based on description (on ali), why i can't use them with laser diode?

Also i saw cheap drivers on ali with fan & ttl, thay also had voltage & current adjustment, and process of configuring it for laser diode same as described in LM2596S buck converter for LED, and for me they looks like just overprice cause of laser diode driver in name

Thank you

TheMrViper

I have figured out why i can't use regular CC regulators, and why i need driver, i also have deisgned scematic for my own driver for 4A.

Mannitu78

hey, i got the same diode and same question what driver to use. What did you mean when you said u cant use "regular CC regulators"?whats a regular constant current reg for you? A led driver? Or a regular laserdriver?

And yourediy driver 4A, how does it differ from regular 4-5Amp laser diode drivers?

Last edited: