Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

80mW 450nm laser pen /single mode/round dot

I have a similar laser. The dot is very bright and round and the beam is visible at night, however, it is not a classical beam like you would see with a green laser. It is a cool blue-black look. I find it very pleasing. The dot is clearly visible out to about 1500 ft. It can be seen further, but it is harder to separate from the beam. I hope this helps. I'll try to take some beam shots tonight.

ok cool is yours 80mw as well? and side by side is it brighter or less bright than a 5mw green laser dot....and the pics will be cool too!

Blord

I have one for sale. Twice the price with triple the power. :whistle:

ok cool ill let you know if im interested.... hows the divergence and range on yours.. ?

Last edited:
Here is a beam shot of the 450nm beside a comparable power 532nm. The picture exaggerates the blueness of the 450 beam. It does not look that blue to the eye.

Attachments

• IMG_0927.JPG
    IMG_0927.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 690
Last edited:
Here is a beam shot of the 450nm beside a comparable power 532nm. The picture exaggerates the blueness of the 450 beam. It does not look that blue to the eye.
ok thats a good beam shot.....and yes the camera can be tricky with the beams...i learned that when my 50mw 405nm has a better beam than my 10mw green on camera lol---i assume in person the beams look about the same correct?

Actually the green beam and dot are more visible in person. Comparable, but the green is definitely more visible.