Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

75mw laser help

I have a 75mw x series nova laser... and recently my friend broke it =[ he pulled out the chip board and it wont work now... does anyone know how i can tell what part of the laser is actually broken so i can fix it? thanks in advanced!

daguin

fireflare31 said:
I have a 75mw x series nova laser... and recently my friend broke it =[ he pulled out the chip board and it wont work now... does anyone know how i can tell what part of the laser is actually broken so i can fix it? thanks in advanced!

If your friend truly pulled the board out of the laser, it is broken. To even try to repair it, you would have to get the module out of the housing. That in itself is a pain in the butt. IF you get it out AND the pins have not been pulled loose from the diode, you MIGHT be able to re-solder the board to the diode. However, I wouldn't bet the farm on all of those conditions being present.

If you get the module out, take a good close up, high resolution picture of the back of the module AND the top of the board. Post them here. We can then tell you IF it is worth trying to re-solder it.

Peace,
dave

dave thank you for your in put... but i think i worded it wrong... the board is still in contact with the diode it was just pulled out from the actual laser body... i will try to get pictures up first thing tomorrow