Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

6x bluray

And which current setting would you recommend for a 6x bluray sled?
And how long would it last on 300mw ?

it would be less bright than even a 5mw green laser... reason is the eye is much less sensitive to the ultraviolet wavelength

200mw 405nm = roughly 1mw 532nm. at least as far as the dot.. on a NON FLUORESCING surface. If it's something that's UV reactive.. all bets are off though.

Beam visibility.. the numbers say it should be as visible as 3mw of 532 but that doesn't sound right. I can clearly see the beam of 50mw of 405 in the dark and I can't 5mw of 532. I'm guessing beam visibility would be roughly equivilent to maybe 20mw 532. I'll have to look over my rayleigh scattering numbers to see where i screwed up the first time.

I'll perhaps buy an SF-AWG210 laser diode.
The seller recommend 300ma for it with an output of 250mw
an 500 hours lifetime.
I think these numbers are too high ....

I'll perhaps buy an SF-AWG210 laser diode.
The seller recommend 300ma for it with an output of 250mw
an 500 hours lifetime.
I think these numbers are too high ....
SF-AW diode should not be ran higher than 170 mA, good for 150 mW, more if lowloss lens are available, like Jayrobs.

EDIT- At 300mA it won't last one minute :D

Last edited:
And which current setting would you recommend for a 6x bluray sled?
And how long would it last on 300mw ?

Which sled? There are two. Either way anything close to 300mW is not going to last. Best would be a 6X GGW diode set to 200mW max. The SF diode even lower.

You should go by mA not mW.

These numbers are for long life, and good burning.

6X GGW 190mA 180-210mW
6X SF 170mA 160-190mW

Buy a G1 lens and add ~28% to the output numbers.

^^^^ he is correct.

BUT... the sf-aw's are super cheap in price. so if you don't care about having to replace the diodes every few working hours then you can push them harder.

michael

Milos

200mw 405nm = roughly 1mw 532nm. at least as far as the dot.. on a NON FLUORESCING surface. If it's something that's UV reactive.. all bets are off though.

Beam visibility.. the numbers say it should be as visible as 3mw of 532 but that doesn't sound right. I can clearly see the beam of 50mw of 405 in the dark and I can't 5mw of 532. I'm guessing beam visibility would be roughly equivilent to maybe 20mw 532. I'll have to look over my rayleigh scattering numbers to see where i screwed up the first time.

Guys, With 405nm it is very subjective and dependent to type of paricles "stuff" that is floating in the air of wherever you are.

You can have 200mW be as visible as 20mW green, which is quite visible. Or you can have 350mW as visible as 5mW green sometimes. Thats what makes 405nm fun. Why you ask would this be fun when less visible, BECAUSE you are holding 50 to 100 times mORE POWERFULL BEAM in your hand!!!

See its all about how the particles reflect (and often times fluoresce (glow)) in the air when 405nm beam is "flying through" them. Its a very excitive frequency.

Also ~405nm light is visible more to some peoples eyes than to others, so this variable messes up official statements on regular basis.

get 405nm laser and play with it for a weak, and many questions will be answered to you. I doubt you will be disappointed as long as you get something in 200 and up range.

best regards

Last edited:
Actually no. You need to google 'Rayleigh scattering'. My numbers were for CLEAR AIR. No particulate. Purely scattering caused by the atmosphere itself which makes the beams visible. Add smoke or other particulate and numbers change drastically and are impossible to calculate unless you know exactly what the particle density is.

Milos

ok, so than what is"actually NO" ? I never spoke about CLEAR AIR! Why would you. How often is your room or outside air even close to that.

not trying to fight or anything, but my statement above obviously has to do with practical and very variable experiences with 405nm lasers.

its a question new laserists ask for years now. And for a good reason too. Because answer varies from personal experience/setting to personal experience.

best regards

Not sure where you live, but I seldom have a problem with any kind of particulate outdoors. Spring would be about the only time when various things are blooming.

So outdoors, which is usually where i'm playing with lasers of any power, are usually 'clear air' situations.

Plus I think an answer based on known mathematical formulas is more helpful than 'it depends'...

Last edited:

Milos

:) extreme air conditions here my friend. Sometimes you need gills here to get some oxygen :)

New York City.

from extreme humidity, to major dryness. Sometimes withing 6 hours. And thats just weather. Not to mention smoke polution above the city, and down whatever wind brings from the Atlantic.

I've been with 405nms since PS3 was the only source, and honestly i remember even 15mW 405nm appear as much as 1-2mW green.

p.s.

i have more posts than you so don't argue with me :)))

peace:crackup: