Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

675nm / 690nm SM diodes + 1.2W 659nm

Hello!
I heard that there may be some interest.
I can offer following diodes:

210mW 675nm Ushio SM(!) laserdiode HL67001DG https://www.ushio.co.jp/en/products/product_file/file/UIE_DS_HL67001DG.pdf
210mW 690nm Ushio SM(!) laserdiode HL69001DG https://www.ushio.co.jp/en/products/product_file/file/UIE_DS_HL69001DG.pdf
- There isnt existing any other diode solution in this wavelength/power region, so the price is quite high. I can offer a lower price atm for some pcs. but the price will drop higher in future:
The diodes are 495€ each.
1,2W 659nm Ushio MM laserdiode HL65213HD https://www.ushio.co.jp/en/products/product_file/file/UIE_DS_HL65213HD.pdf
This diode is at 405€ each.

Drop me a line if anyone is interested.

BR
Phillip

Hello!
The 1,2W 659nm diode dropped to 369€ becouse of a higher order amount!
BR
Phillip

Have 4x the 690nm diode. Nice beam and the price will definitely fall, since these ones are samples from the first batch. Who can wait a bit, should get them cheaper soon.

Also 100mw ones from another company are sold as a tester, they are way more cheaper and show no kink up to ~ 200 mW output running around 685nm.

Singlemode

Ushio direct says the price will get higher for sure and not falling. The batch we get now is cheaper.
But lets see who has right... At the end ushio give me always the right information.
Hm, which other company? Sharp maybe?
BR
Phillip

Singlemode laser is right. These diodes never get higher in price as time goes by.

gazer101

I just wish there was a >1W red laser diode on the market with under 20 degrees of fast axis divergence...

The short batch of those 473-478nm diodes

Ok, if you count some batches that were not hitting the target wl and somehow showed up somewhere, then you are right. These were a lucky draw for us. If there would be more demand for them, they would be now offered officially. Nichia has these WL as a stock item since years (and the price stayed almost constant)...

singlemode

These were never officially announced. The new ushio ones are listed on there roadmap and will stay.

Hello!
Yes, they will stay. But they arent needed in that mass and are special, like the 648.5nm they have - so they will let the price high.
BR
Phillip

There are some cool applications, especially LIDAR (less background at 690nm from the sun than at lower WL) and blood flow monitoring through the skin. No idea how big this is compared to other applications but I bet 20$ that if some reseller buys 10k pcs. of these, the price will be much lower. And if they make a run they will do 100st of wafers, cause its super expensive to change the parameters and optimize them from one WL to another and then produce only a dozen wafers. I actually don't care about the price. If it stays how it is great. I use it for research and the diode price is only a small fraction of the remaining setup.

Singlemode

Definitely want one, but not for hundreds of dollars/euros. If there are only a few specific applications, I don't expect the price to come down too much, though.