Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

650nm goggles

im looking for a budget friendly pair of goggles for what i believe is a 650nm
stonetek Sony 16X DVD Burner Diode
and im looking to run it at or around 300mW any suggestions for budget but good goggles/glasses any advice to were to look or a direct link would be nice thanks a tun

eztune

300mw laser. Dont go cheap on eye protection. I did and wish i went for certified goggle its your eyes, cant get new ones so protect them ;) The most you will save is about 20 bucks. Burned rentina or save 20 bucks?

thanks for the fast response what are some prices on these certified glasses/goggles ive only seen them for about 300+ $ and was wondering if that was right?

hey thanks frothychimp, as i understand those glasses will protect my eyes from a 650nm laser for a min of 10 secs..... does that mean im protected from a straight shot from one if its shorter than 10 secs?

thanks for all your help this is my first time with lasers and i know its not gona be the last as long as i can see >.< lol

Well the standard requires a minimum of 10 seconds and these glasses meet standards. I can say the dyes do not bleach but I cannot legally say how long they can be exposed because each polycarbonate batch can be a bit different but it's over 10 seconds. And yes, the standard is for a direct shot to the lenses.

will looking at a laser with a camera be safe? im not gonna try and replace the goggles from above (already paid for them) im just wondering for when i show my friends my laser i don't want them getting hurt