Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

635 nm diodes from cni laser

So I was checking at cni lasers for diodes and I found some 635 diodes they say are capable of power from 150- 750 mw. ( they sell three different powers) . Now would this be worth trying a DIY build out of?

C-Mount, multimode, stacked, square beam, really wide divergence. Same profile as the laser I answered your earlier question about, LE. Not the kind of thing you can fit into an AixiZ housing.

1.) Oh my god expensive. Probably over $1000 for the 750mW diode
2.) Multimode output, so even with good optics, you get a funny looking bar, just a tiny one
3.) Otherwise I'd go for it, 635 is an awesome color

Edit: Post 1450

Edit2: aryntha beat me to it

Last edited:
C-Mount, multimode, stacked, square beam, really wide divergence. Same profile as the laser I answered your earlier question about, LE. Not the kind of thing you can fit into an AixiZ housing.

As for the aixiz module, im not worried, I have a lathe, and I can custom build heatsink for direct press.

As for the other stuff, thats kind of a deal breaker for the price and divergence.

As for the aixiz module, im not worried, I have a lathe, and I can custom build heatsink for direct press.

As for the other stuff, thats kind of a deal breaker for the price and divergence.

Well, to be honest, it's not a bad laser if you know what to expect. It's just that most people don't expect what they get. I'll review mine as soon as I get a chance.