Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

630NM laser

Sorry bud I'll only believe it when I see it... I've been actively searching for a room temp option in that range for years. Short of a proof of concept lab result, there are no commercially available room temp diodes in the 620-630nm range that I've ever found.

What does exist at room temp that I'm aware of are the following. Could one of these be what you're thinking of:
604nm Pr: payac dpss
607nm Pr: ylf dpss
615nm necsel

Sowee7

Sorry bud I'll only believe it when I see it... I've been actively searching for a room temp option in that range for years. Short of a proof of concept lab result, there are no commercially available room temp diodes in the 620-630nm range that I've ever found.

What does exist at room temp that I'm aware of are the following. Could one of these be what you're thinking of:
604nm Pr: payac dpss
607nm Pr: ylf dpss
615nm necsel
wernt you the one that had the ES room temp 605nm laser diode

Nope not me

Edit, was that jmillerdoc? J something. Either way those were lab escapee diodes, not commercial.

Edit 2: Maybe there's also a misunderstanding here. I'm talking about lasers with order forms that just anybody can go and place an order.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Nope not me

Edit, was that jmillerdoc? J something. Either way those were lab escapee diodes, not commercial.

Edit 2: Maybe there's also a misunderstanding here. I'm talking about lasers with order forms that just anybody can go and place an order.
Yes, commercial units. Not research and lab units.

I'm only looking for a single diode, so I don't mind they are lab diodes or 1-off custom diodes. I'm also fine if they are only 0.5mW output.
If someone has something at 627nm or lower, feel free to PM me with an offer.

That's the thing, I don't think you can order them at all. I think he's referring to research papers or random diodes that made it into the wild when they shouldn't have, and have since dried up. Doesn't matter to us if there's no way to get them...

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I'm only looking for a single diode, so I don't mind they are lab diodes or 1-off custom diodes. I'm also fine if they are only 0.5mW output.
If someone has something at 627nm or lower, feel free to PM me with an offer.
As Z and myself have stated. There are no commercially available diodes for you to get hold of. For the amount it would set you back if you did have the ability to get hold of a room temperature red/orange laser diode. It would end up being cheaper to make your own tec cooled laser diode setup. Set the current low to just above lasing theshold. And cool the diode down to bring the central wavelength down.

I believe you that they're not commercially available my friend. I've been blessed with having many things in my lab that aren't commercially available. I specialize in RnD testing of pre-production cells for our business.

They seem attainable to me, because some epic nerds out there have them left over from research projects. I want these very few and select folks to know I'm interested in chatting about what we can work out for a price or trade, including potentially hiring them for our RnD company if they have world class skills.