Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

60W YAG on Ebay

1065nm IIRC just into the ir spectrum a fun fact with yags is you can output strait through a frequency doubling KTP and get a monster green,

However 60w is piss all for a YAG, IIRC an ssy-1 is a few Mw i could be wrong but usually you measure a yag by the input into the flash lamp eg (12j)

paper183 said:
the PSU alone weighs 250kg.

omg that's a heavy power supply  :eek:

Thank God I got outbid. I didn't read the weight spec on the power supply.

Once I read that, I almost had a heart-attack. That threw a serious wrench into my plans to mount the power supply on a backpack, and put rifle stocks on the beam table...

Something is a kinda odd there. The description indicates a q-switched laser yet the seller gives a straight power figure without any explanation :-/. Perhaps the pulses still average out to 60W over time, but its a bit unclear.

AJ_Dual said:
[quote author=paper183 link=1188202773/0#4 date=1188215508]
the PSU alone weighs 250kg.

omg that's a heavy power supply :eek:

Thank God I got outbid. I didn't read the weight spec on the power supply.

Once I read that, I almost had a heart-attack. That threw a serious wrench into my plans to mount the power supply on a backpack, and put rifle stocks on the beam table...[/quote]
I don't want to think about shipping cost ;D That's why it says in the auction that local pickup is better :p

Things

ya i couldn't believe it when i saw that!!! that must be the worlds heaviest power supply!!!!!!