Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

< 5mW 532 nm green laserpointer (now with beamshots)

Hi!

Here`s a little review of my recently purchased < 5mW 532 nm green laserpointer!

I purchased it here in Austria, therefore it should have < 1mW/Class 2 and so it was described on ebay and their website!

link: Laserworld - Pocketlaserpointer grün 1mW mit Dauerschalter

Description is mostly in German but that shouldn`t be a matter for the specs!

It came in a box, with battery, charger and a star-lens

Here some pics:

As you can see it`s very compact.

The label says it has < 5mW and it is a Class3a laser!

This thing is really very bright compared to the cheap keychain red laserpointers I have owned til now!

I purchased it as a cat toy and I`m always very carful not to point at my cats directly and even not to have any reflections shining directly into their faces!

Here are some beamshots!

I used a Canon EX-F1 and I`m still searching for the right settings! It was dark inthe room except for the TV!

Cheers brunes01

Last edited:

catman

Re: < 5mW 532 nm green laserpointer

I'd still try to find someone with a laser power meter just to make sure it's safe, wouldn't want to harm your pet.

Btw, how does your cat like it? Mine loves 405nm more than a standard red...

Re: < 5mW 532 nm green laserpointer

Hi!

Of course I wouldn`t want to harm one of my cats.

But I think it is really under 5mW the beam is nearly invisible in a lightened room, unless I have smoked a few cigarettes before! :whistle:

The seller claimed in the description on ebay, that it has an infrared filter unlikely some cheap lasers from china which are offered on ebay!

But it would surely be interesting what a LPM would have to say!

I think my cats prefered the red one!

Don`t know how a cat really sees green or red lasers, but my cats generally do not want to play with anything! No ball, no cord, nothing! It seems they are just not interessed when you move something before their nose! :crackup:

Cheers brunes01

Last edited: