Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5mm dia cross colophony lenses?

mk2233

Would anyone happen to know where I could find some cross colophony lenses that are 5mm in diameter? Preferably US based. The cheaper the better. The plan is for these to go in those super cheap diodes you find for like $0.20 a piece.

I haven't had much luck searching on my own.

Thank you!

Depends on the type of cross colophony lenses you want. There are a few different styles. I assume that plastic lenses are okay as you are using LDs that couldn't put out enough power to melt them. Most come from China, so if they can be had here, you will pay a premium for them. In China they can be had for 27 to 60 cents each.

mk2233

Thanks RedCowboy, EBay was one of my first stops. Unfortunately, those all seem to be 8mm diameter.

Paul, Chinese plastic is just fine. The cheaper the better. Nothing precision here.

I just can't seem to find anything smaller than 8mm.

Went to Amazon, Lily Electronics, Besram and many others and couldn't find a single 5mm diameter lens. Seems like the only size anyone carries is 8mm. If it is impossible to use the 8mm size, you may be SOL.