Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

520nm 1.35w First time build help please

So i have a few lasers 1watt 445, 1.6 watt 465 70mw 532 and a 700mw 520 ordered and on the way, but, I want to build a laser myself but I'm a complete beginner this will be my first build and I just wanted to see if anyone could help me with some thoughts on this diode if it's worth the money and any advice on compatible hosts, drivers, module, lenses etc and what battery to use 1000028655.jpg

LoneRanger4711

The easiest way to get a good result is looking for a good shop for the additional items you need. On dtrslasershop.com you'll find all the stuff you need. He sells bundles with driver and module mounted ready to go. When a good (but not too nice looking) laser host is needed, have a look at survivallaserusa.com.

Good luck on your first build. Hope it turns out perfectly for you. Seems as though you have already been given places to find what you will need. You should open a thread on it when you get it finished.

For a driver you can build up one of my open source bucks or have me set one up for you,
Yea absolutely, I'll shoot you a message when the time comes, I'd appreciate that. How much do they cost? I want to get a hold of my 700mw 520nm before starting making this one. Can anyone point me in the direction of the strongest green diode currently available that is suitable for a handheld?

1000029225.jpg1000029224.jpg
I'm curious to know this as well... I found these diodes at jlasers.org and although the 465nm is 250mw less powerful at 3A than the 445nm is, does anyone know if it is enough closer in wavelength to the peak human eye perception of color to actually appear brighter?

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
View attachment 77100View attachment 77101
I'm curious to know this as well... I found these diodes at jlasers.org and although the 465nm is 250mw less powerful at 3A than the 445nm is, does anyone know if it is enough closer in wavelength to the peak human eye perception of color to actually appear brighter?
Yes, yes it is. I've always liked 465 better than 445. My eyes can never decide if 445 is deep cobalt blue or violet. 465 is BLUE.

LoneRanger4711

NUBM0G Diodes come with a G-Ball lens. You'll never get a good result when using them directly with the standard lens like G-2. To get a quite usable beam a G-Ball lens adapter from barnett unlimited is needed. Combining the G-Ball lens adapter with a G-7 lens gives a beam with an acceptable divergence. Have been playing around with a NUBM07 @3.5A and this lenses combined made the trick with this diode.

IDK. Seems like you would get less loss by popping off the ball lens and just using it with an aspheric lens. The greens seem to last longer doing this than the blues do.

Giannis_TDM

Yea absolutely, I'll shoot you a message when the time comes, I'd appreciate that. How much do they cost? I want to get a hold of my 700mw 520nm before starting making this one. Can anyone point me in the direction of the strongest green diode currently available that is suitable for a handheld?
They are 25 bux, not for the open source ones though, 25 is for the improved 4A capable 10mm X 9.8mm bucks with reverse polarity protection. And you can go stronger with a green, 9mm 2w green diodes do exists, I also have 9mm copper modules in stock in case you don't have one, that will be 3 USD extra.

They are 25 bux, not for the open source ones though, 25 is for the improved 4A capable 10mm X 9.8mm bucks with reverse polarity protection. And you can go stronger with a green, 9mm 2w green diodes do exists, I also have 9mm copper modules in stock in case you don't have one, that will be 3 USD extra.
2w green diode now that's what I'm talking about. Do you know where I could purchase one of these by any chance? Definitely I'll be in contact for a driver as soon as I'm putting one of these together. Waiting to get a go at my 700mw 520nm ive ordered first its in transit at the minute.

Giannis_TDM

2w green diode now that's what I'm talking about. Do you know where I could purchase one of these by any chance? Definitely I'll be in contact for a driver as soon as I'm putting one of these together. Waiting to get a go at my 700mw 520nm ive ordered first its in transit at the minute.
I thing NUGM04 or just search for 1.6w 525 (you can overdrive them to 2w ish)

sunnyprot

Agree!