Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

520 Streamlight

Hi,
If you manage to adjust the spring so it just has very little compression you will not need to secure the driver to the diode with epoxy. And you will not need to use a back half , just when you solder the anode and cathode pins make sure they are very short, This will make them more stable and not move. I can't remember how many i did but i still love them .

Rich:)

Attachments

• IMG_1148.JPG
    IMG_1148.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1241.JPG
    IMG_1241.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1302.JPG
    IMG_1302.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 44

Hi,
If you manage to adjust the spring so it just has very little compression you will not need to secure the driver to the diode with epoxy. And you will not need to use a back half , just when you solder the anode and cathode pins make sure they are very short, This will make them more stable and not move. I can't remember how many i did but i still love them .

I like that way. Just need to find a suitable spring in my junk boxes and get the host. Then throw a nice diode in it. Looks very easy compared to my pen builds I have done.

Last edited:
Yep that's about what'll look like when it's all sprung up. It'll need to be much shorter. Just cut and compress it it need be. That's what I did. The only reason I stress more rigidity is because the tail cap spring is strong and the tail cap screws onto the hull about a half an inch. Just be sure your driver/diode union isn't stressed under compressive force AND the driver spring doesn't contact the host. That could be tragic. It'll all make sense when you start building it, promise :D

Hi Shotgun,
Yes do not compress the spring to much, i found that using a spring with a thin diameter wire is the best like 0.05 or 0.02 . And as you said trim the spring till you find the desired compression point. Im working on some brass pens they should be great for the single modes. Did you manage to complete that Black EDC with the sink and knob?