Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mW green line laser

I need a green line laser of about 50 mW, but I can't seem to find any.
I have found a lot of red 5mW line lasers, and a 30mW green line laser though...

Do such powerful green line lasers even exist?
Or am I going to have to DIY one and attach a line lens myself.

Are line lenses only good for a specific wavelength? Is there a standard size of those line lenses so that I can buy the lens from brand A and the laser from brand B?

Where can I find these resources cheap?

Thanks for helping me out.

50mW of green won't be noticeably brighter than 30mW of green. It usually takes about four times the power for two times the brightness for green, I.E. 5mW of green wouldn't appear any brighter unless you had 20mW of green.

@jib77
That's not a line laser, and there are no line lenses to be found on the site either.
Thanks though.

@prototype
I know it takes 4 times the power to have double the brightness, that doesn't change the fact a 50mW line laser will be brighter than a 30mW one. ;)
But that's not the main reason I'd rather not buy the 30mW one, it's quite pricey...(more expensive than two 50mW dot lasers...)

Ah, I imagine a 50mW would be even more then. You could try mounting a line generator in front of your regular green module.

AixiZ

If you want to go with DIY, there are 4 line generators at the bottom of the page.These are made to fit Aixiz modules.

Jerry