Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

50mW from o-like

I bought a 50mW green laser from o-like.com. I have it wired to 3 volts. The dot is very bright and i can see it from very far away, however, i get no beam of light at all. Even in pitch black conditions i can't see the beam at all. Did they rip me off and sell me something under 50mW? Thanks.

a i have a 50 mw. it should only need 2 AAA batts. I guess they are 3v total. My beam looks like a tight rope at night and in my house. and i can pop balloons. maybe it died. Contact susie @ olike and let her know what is going on. she is very helpful.

ideas

maybe you live in a no dust enviroment? so no raleigh scattering for you :)

haha. i talked to susie from o-like and sent her pictures of the beam, she said that it has a big problem, so i'm sending it back for a replacement.

Hmm... at 3 V, that should give a decent beam. Are you living in urban, suburban, rural area? The amount of dust will affect how much of a beam you see.

Oh, and, there's one thing about these modules (I have a 50mW one too). The switch is a little lose, so if you press it down, and move your thumb around, there will be instances where you get brighter or dimmer beams. You might wanna try that if you haven't sent it off. Proof of not good quality, but for such a price, how can one complain eh?