Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

500mw IR pens + OD4 goggles $275

BlueFusion said:
It's a diode. I think you'd find if you adjusted your red diode laser to minimal divergence you'll be able to achieve (calculated by pseudo's online thing) about <0.4mRad. But the beam has to be the same size as the lens aperture aka like 4mm.
However due to the wide use and mass production of powerful IR diodes, excellent beam specs can be created.

So in answer to your question, probably yes. I'd wager it could pop a balloon from 20 metres provided you could hold it steady enough. (Don't have the space to try though)

3 left!!

The stock unit will not ble able to burn past a few feet at the very most  :-/. Same with almost all 808nm and 980nm portable units on the market. With a $500 beam expander, the story changes a bit perhaps.

Anyway, I'm calling BS on that <1.0mRad 2mm beam spec. I'm guessing your beam specs are similar to the units I sell which have far worse than 1.0mRad. No way your multi-mode unit has 1.0mRad and 2mm. I suggest you get ahold of a few first and test them out before believe your manufacturer's words (they've scammed me before at least!)

PS: Nope, not saying my units are better than yours, just wanting to keep us all honest. <1.0mRad and 2mm would make your units nicely better than mine, but I'm just not buying it till I see it.

We are going by what the manufacturer has told us, we will either confirm that its true upon arrival or post what we measure it to be.

Pseudo it seemed unlikely to me too. However it's the only info I have at the moment (and adjustable focus is possible IIRC).

Re: 500mw IR pens + OD4 goggles $275 - FREE GREENI

Bumpity bump... come on! what more can i do?? :eek:

Howsabout this... a free 5mw green pointer! Come an gettit!
jeez people... there were days when this would be gone in seconds.

ZANE

Ill take one if it has a greenie attatched- can paypal in a day or two.

PM me if you still have them

A few questions o noble craftsman of high magick

The price was in USD right and how much extra for shipping to Netherlands?

And did your sweet deal include the 5mw laser too?

Now for the real issue... what does this baby burn? I'm looking for a burner laser, all other concerns secondary and as powerful i could get it, and this one seems to be quite hardcore so please "sell me" on your product :)

moreover i'd like to point out that i am a serious buyer and not just "kicking the wheels" and wasting your time

cheers

Unfortunately I may have to put this on hold and possibly even refund Sawt's order as I have had MAJOR BIG problems with my supplier. If this becomes available again I'll update this thread, in the meantime rest assured that I'm doing all I can.