Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

500mw blue laser problem.

on topic (did not read all pages before my previous posts

uhhm i am just a noob as he is . but how is he supposed to make pictures of the electronics if he is not supposed to take it apart .
if you would ask me to do that i would be afraid to completely wreck is like is did my
25mw laser when it got loose when (i dunno what happend) when i say got loose i mean it did not produce a nice straigt beam but more like a flashlight effect

Jonneh

Hello everyone. I apologize for not being on here, to post pictures of the electronics. I'm not trying to avoid it or anything, part of it is I've been having some personal problems, and as you know I don't have that much access to a computer. Anyways, that doesn't really matter, at all. I just read ApexProxy's reply, and I'm not quite sure how I would get inside the host. There's no un-screw able parts other than the front, and the back.

And @dark racer: I will PM you the website name. Just so people don't get upset or anything.

Again, I appreciate all of you helping me.

When I unscrew the end-cap, I can look inside, and there is a battery contact, and a small piece of foam around the contact. Should I attempt to remove the foam?

Last edited:
Seeing as how this endeavor is aimed at changing an unsatisfactory laser into a desirable laser the risk seems worth it. You could quite easily ruin the insides but they are going to replaced if all goes well. The one bad thing that could happen would be that you ruin the insides and run into a part that cannot be removed so rebuilding could not happen. So it really is up to you how far you want to go into it. If spending a little cash to just send the thing to an expert (ARG for ex) could save unneeded destruction then it may be worth it just to send it to him and have him look at it as it is now. That way you could know if it is even worth tearing it apart.

Jonneh

Okay, thank you for replying Apex. I will try to upload good pictures of the inside as soon as possible. Removing a piece of foam shouldn't be too hard. Plus I'm usually very careful with electronics and that sort of stuff... Anyways, now my only two concerns are: getting enough money to pay for the repairs (I spent most of my money on the laser itself). I only have about 50$. And my second concern; where should I order from next, if I do order another laser? I kind of want to try Lazerer again, just because the lasers are good quality, for the price >.>

Thanks.

Last edited:

Jonneh

The piece of foam is actually pretty thick, and its at the bottom of the spring, so it's going to be pretty hard to remove it. I already tried, with caution, and it didn't go very far.

hi, friends, kindly recommend you to a site named BudgetGadgets.
I have got myself a 200mw blue laser from there, and really excellent!:yh
Many choices there, like red/green/blue type, etc~

Two things, its perfectly fine to make a new thread about these things, less than posting in an old, dead one.

Second, you cannot tell the power through images alone... looks can be deceiving, goes both ways. Only way to tell is with a LPM.

Thanks for the fast response!
In your experience, can our eyes tell the difference between a 300mW and 500mW blue laser of this kind(step motor laser for parties, not in laser pointers)?

Whoo... a 405... I dunno. I only ever had a 20mW and a 400mW. There'd probably be a notcable difference, but not anything major