Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5-in-1 Green Laser?

This one has 5 output caps I assume? Never owned laser previously and I see 4 different patterns on pictures where only 1 can be present on laser at a time? Is it really how it will look with each cap? For example will pattern not diffuse 50-100 meters away? It would be really great to have wide pattern 50-100 meters away.

By the way, are these universal caps that will work with most cheap lasers or they will also work with expensive Wicked Lasers?

Save your money and don't buy from Tmart. All the reviews I have seen are junk.

As for the distance of how long you can see the patterns, I would expect the further you shine the larger the divergence, or more spread apart.

Save your money and don't buy from Tmart. All the reviews I have seen are junk.

You think all reviews are bogus and paid reviews?

As for the distance of how long you can see the patterns, I would expect the further you shine the larger the divergence, or more spread apart.

Will it suffice to ruin the hangout of annoying birds?

The patterns are made by different diffraction gratings in the caps. If you put them in front of another laser you'll get more or less the same effect.

About the laser, 17$ is a fairly high price to pay for a 5mW greenie. You can probably find one of ebay for around 5$. Also, the reputation of Tmart isn't very good. The reviews are likely genuine since I don't think Tmart will pay people to give its product bad reviews. I also don't think members are bored enough to come up with bogus bad reviews just to give a company a bad name. These reviews are made by people experienced with lasers and if you look in the review section you can find many.

One thing to keep in mind is that these cheap greenies are overspec in many cases and are over 5mW so you may need goggles unless you have a LPM verify that it is under 5mW. Not pointing at people or air planes is obvious. If you want to scare birds 5mW of green is more than enough but I wouldn't suggest it because you may hit the bird in the eye by accident. I don't think you would want to be blinded and neither do a bird. If you use a diffracting grating with a low power laser it may be ok to scare the birds as long as you are far away since the beam is dispersed.

Last edited:

kilter

Save your money. my friend has the 20mw laser and it is the size of a football at 5 meters

go for lazerer o-like rayfoss

or

dragonlasers optitronics or laserglow

hope this helps,

Kilter