Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5.6mm diode extractor from Jeff.

Hi Folks a customer brought to my attention and said the 5.6mm diode extractors from Flamingpyro (Jeff) won't fit the new 490 diodes. So I gave it a try mind you I never had to use this tool since I bought it years ago. Well anyway I tried it on these diode 490.495.505,A140,M140 and a PLTB450B and it doesn't fit them either. Does anyone else have this problem with this tool ???

Rich:)

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Rich, I have an old style 5.6mm diode extractor from FP, and have used it a few times on closed can diodes and it has worked well. I can't recall exactly which diodes they were, but I have noticed that it won't work with something like the LPC 826 open can types.

FP's old style extractors used a screw in fitting, that screwed into the 12mm module, and a smaller threaded screw would be screwed into it to push the diode out.

I have just made a new style extractor for member Waffailtrager (uses a vice or something similar) to push the diode out. Either one of these will push the same type diodes out, but will not work with some.

There may be a need to make a different type for some of these other diodes.

Below is a pic of the ones I made for Waffailtrager (bottom two), the top one is FP's.

Wwj1C0X.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, Jeff. That looks great. How much do you want for one? I rarely need to use one, but when you do, it is nice to have it tucked away and ready. As along as it can get to the outer edge of a TO-18 LD it should be able to push it out without harming the diode.

Thanks, Jeff. I'll look for it.

Can't find it. Might have to resend.

Last edited: