Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

5.1 Surround

ok, i just wanted to ask this somewhere because i couldnt find any answers with google.

i have a JWIN 5.1 soundsystem, all speakers out have an RCA plug, for each speaker routing (front/satellite/center&subwoofer) i use a 2xRCA to 1xPin adaptor so i can plug them into my PC (that way i use 3 jacks of the soundcard).
my soundcard (onboard, from an asus p5b-deluxe) would only let me control left & right volume. i mean, there's no way i can change, i.e., the center volume alone through software.

said this, my problem is that i want to connect earphones to the soundcard but dont want to use it as front speakers, i want to use them as a Monitor for Traktor DJ Studio (it means that the current track goes through the 5.1 and the next track (monitored) goes thru the earphones).

does anybody know if i can do something to fix this? or do i need a new soundcard? (WHICH one if you know, coz i couldnt find any that meets this)

I'm confused after readin the above post three times, but let me show my interpretation:

You basically have the Jwin system (there are many of these), and it really sounds like you are plugging the speakers directly into the computer, I doubt this entirely though...

seriously, I need more information:

first, WHERE is the music source? the dvd player from the jwin? or the computer?

second, are you trying to play two songs at a time, one outputing to the jwin control center, and another outputing to your headphones from the computer stimulyaneously so you can chose the next song from Traktor DJ Studio?

i need more info on your built-in sound card, "asus p5b-deluxe" means nothing to me, I searched google, and asus's site, NO info on the soundcard. a picture of the plugsand ports you are using would suffice me to help you better.

I just need more info before I can help you.

ok no problem:

ASUS P5B-Deluxe offers an onboard soundcard, 7.1 channel, 24-bit, ports are in their normal positions (compressed, not like those PCI soundcards, it has 3 jacks on top and 3 on bottom...like there are 2 rows of jacks if you know what i mean. it has 6 jacks, mic in, line in, front speakers, center and subwoofer, side speakers and rear speakers (dont know the order but they're correctly connected in my pc (the front, rear and center and subwoofer, also the mic.))).

the speakers get their power from the subwoofer which has an inbuilt control and proper circuits, then i use RCA cables to connect every speaker to the PC soundcard.

(as the PC soundcard supports the normal 3,5mm Jack i must use an adaptor, 2 RCA to 1 Pin)

ok. now, the music source is the PC, from Traktor DJ Studio, where you can have 2 decks, that means that i can have 2 songs playing at the same time. Deck A and Deck B to make it simple.

for example, you can be playing a song in deck A but you choose to pre-listen to the next track on deck B so you can correctly mix them.

BUT my soundcard doesnt offer channel routing, so it works as if it was stereo (i mean, it IS 7.1 and works as a 5.1 for my JWIN speakers (there's NO DVD), but i can only modify a BALANCE variable (volume goes left or right)); and i want to DIVIDE the channels so i can use some earphones to listen to the song in deck B and let the song in deck A go through the JWIN home theatre.

(it IS possible, just so you know hehe, but IDK if i need to buy a new, dedicated soundcard that can offer me that possibility)

PS: if u have another question i'll be glad to answer, thx for the help.