Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

488nm handhelds anyone ???

• Thread starter Deleted member 16589
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16589

Hey guys Here is an Update I"m also going to post up top

Last edited by a moderator:

D

Deleted member 16589

Hey guys i need help.
These lasers use 2 TEC chips like this one to control the 2 tec plates
TECA1-XV-XV-D.jpg

This 5V one is used for the smaller crystal TEC it looks like this http://analogtechnologies.com/images/tec-controller/TECA1-5V-2.5V-D.jpg

To control the TEC I'm trying to Build the stand alone circuit Shown in figure 5 of this PDF
But I'm having trouble figuring out the compensation network. I don't really understand that part.

These findings are delightful. Is there any way to make the set up smaller via a smaller tec, or housing? Simply put, a heatsink for this "block" would be interesting. Definitely going to follow this.

Last edited:
Well I still do plan on getting one of these, I was gonna get one of those 3W 445's but I figure they'll be around for a while, while this offer might not be.

I'd still end up asking for a fully working unit if I'm going to try getting it into a handheld, I'm just not that willing to buy TECs and other parts that may or may not work. As long as I can figure out the currents these operate at, moving the block and TECs into something more portable shouldn't be too bad.

Plus, if I can't tear apart the module I can always go for a bigger host than what I'd like :tinfoil:

D

Deleted member 16589

Update I have now got a working and stable driver on my breadboard AND Its running on 2 TR14500 batteries will post.
Video to come soon
I have 2 working units.
And I have 2 more that have been proven to lase. ( this means when I loosed screws to diode and wiggle it i have seen High IR (signature of near the alignment of blue ) or have seen the blue Light come out. ) Using a web cam of course so as to not blind me.

Kits will go on sale asap First come first serve
The price will be in the range of 75 to $100 have not decided yet. Kits will come with my schematic of the driver I made, 1 TEC chip a Proto board piece and all parts needed accept the l200 Regulator ( sorry I dont have any. )

the place I sourced more chips I also got one working diode block which I will make into my own leaving the ones from junktronix for sale. I am going to make mine in a compact project box from radio shack

I also have moved all videos to original post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Following with interest...:thanks: Sure would love to have a nice 488nm lab unit. :beer:......