Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

473nm Blue Laser

Hi all, it’s been about 7 years since I’ve been on the forum and was delighted to find nothing has changed at all, it’s rather unfortunate how the laser game has changed over the years, however … 2009 was really the time. I was just posting this to see if there’s anyway to get my hands on a 473nm laser pointer? That color blue has been a favorite and that number, whatever the reason is, is just a really cool number and have used that number a lot in my life in regards to work and other professional projects. I have yet to own one and would really want one, even though I’m sure they're harder than ever to come by nowadays. Can anyone point me in any directions?

-Derek

Are you specifically looking for dpss 473nm or just 470nm-490nm?

DPSS 473nm I would imagine would be difficult to find.
There was a very small batch of 475nm diodes, but it would also be hard to find one and might be as much cost as DPSS.
Obviously a 488nm diode is going to be the easiest and cheapest option.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
CNI/Dragon lasers is now the best best for getting hold of a 473nm dpss module for inserting into a host. Jetlasers used to be the place to go for 473’s years ago. If you want that wavelength in diode form then expect to pay a lot.

farbe2

I still have some 473nm 25mW single mode diodes left.
They are way cheaper than DPSS while providing almost the same beam quality and wavelength.
Drop me a PN if you want.

Are you specifically looking for dpss 473nm or just 470nm-490nm?

DPSS 473nm I would imagine would be difficult to find.
There was a very small batch of 475nm diodes, but it would also be hard to find one and might be as much cost as DPSS.
Obviously a 488nm diode is going to be the easiest and cheapest option.
I’m looking for the dpss 473nm — the real deal.

I still have some 473nm 25mW single mode diodes left.
They are way cheaper than DPSS while providing almost the same beam quality and wavelength.
Drop me a PN if you want.
Are they housed ? Or are they just the diodes? Anyway I can see if video of them specifically?

CNI/Dragon lasers is now the best best for getting hold of a 473nm dpss module for inserting into a host. Jetlasers used to be the place to go for 473’s years ago. If you want that wavelength in diode form then expect to pay a lot.i

How difficult would that be? I thought about it, but I feel as though it’s a more technical task to accomplish, any tutorial videos on this practice ?

NUBM07 diodes get up there when way over-driven... they probably won't last very long but they certainly change color noticeably.