Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

473nm 200mW DPSS Laser Demonstration

I finally found a video editing package that works with XP 64-bit. It doesn't run 64 bit but will not generate the installation errors common on other programs.

Anyway, here's the video and the new format:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viypfUO7IQ8[/media]

Cool - you should fill that room up with fog or smoke and run that nice beam thru a diffraction grating! BTW, how much exactly is the laser putting out, average? I have a blue rated at 100mw but it puts out an average of 131mw, looks like you might be getting even more than 200mw out of that one.

diachi

Hell that beam is thin !! Nice one FrothyChimp !

Diachi

VW said:
Nice! Yeah, try get some smoke shots...

Alright, I was thinking I'd line up a blue, green, red, and yellow and fire em through smoke. What do you recommend? Would incense work pretty good? I'd fire up a smoke but I'm not allowed to smoke inside.

daguin

FrothyChimp said:
[quote author=VW link=1213851069/0#4 date=1213977537]Nice! Yeah, try get some smoke shots...

Alright, I was thinking I'd line up a blue, green, red, and yellow and fire em through smoke. What do you recommend? Would incense work pretty good? I'd fire up a smoke but I'm not allowed to smoke inside.[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

OK. Let me wrap my head around this. You cannot light up a cigarette, but you can burn some incense? I guess an unknown danger is better than a known danger.

How about some "smoke in a can"? (The stuff they test smoke detectors with) It is "harmless" and dissipates quickly. Just don't spray it right on or over a "clean" surface.

Peace
dave

[highlight]**EDIT**[/highlight] I would LOVE to see that shot

Switch

You can't smoke , but you can burn other stuff....comunists ::) But I reckon incense would work pretty well, a 270mW blue doesn't need all that much smoke anyway. :D What power is the yellow?

diachi

You can buy smoke spray, not for testing smoke detectors, its specifically for making light shows more visible and laser beams more visible. And it stays in the air for ages, unless you open a window or door, or just ventilate the room.

Diachi

Ace82

FrothyChimp said:
[quote author=VW link=1213851069/0#4 date=1213977537]Nice!  Yeah, try get some smoke shots...

Alright, I was thinking I'd line up a blue, green, red, and yellow and fire em through smoke. What do you recommend? Would incense work pretty good? I'd fire up a smoke but I'm not allowed to smoke inside.[/quote]

Incense works AWESOME for defining laser beams.  It makes a dense layer of smoke that lingers around and accumulates in a semi-enclosed area.  I always light up an incense when taking beam shots. Although my picture quality is poor, you can see here how incense does the beams justice. :) Nice professional video btw!  Oh yea, awesome module too!   :D  

I would love to see a "rainbow" shot of all those lasers, especially the 500mW yellow! :eek:

Ooooo, sorry the most powerful yellow you will see is 5mW. I'll fire up a 5mW Hene for red, a 10mW 473nm for blue and a 10mW greenie so none of them will overpower the other.

Ace82

lol, 5mW is cool too! was kinda joking about the 500mW. ::) But yeah, sounds like a good color/power ratio. What is the nm of the red Hene?