Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

473 nm Head help

Hiemal

Hey guys; I got one of those 473 nm heads... I dismantled it, in hopes of getting the head smaller, and maybe attempting to make a portable laser out of it.

However, when I got the parts out... I can't get any 473 nm light out of the head, no matter how I focus the 808 nm diode in (The one that came with the head that is)

Do I need to be running the TEC's on the set and the diode too? Or is there something else I've completely overlooked?

If someone could help me out through it I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Well keep in mind the head might be knocked out of alignment... either from taking it apart or from the purchase. I'm assuming you bought the non-functioning 473nm head on feebay, did you buy a $25 "no light" laser or the $35 underspec laser?

You may have already seen this thread, but here is the link.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f40/diy-473nm-franken-tek-b-w-transplant-handheld-tec-73769.html

From what I have read here and there, it is no easy task to get it aligned. Also, not 100% sure, but I think remembering reading that controlling the crystal set via a TEC may be needed, although I would think that you may get a bit of 473nm even without it.

Good luck with your build. I'v got a few of those laying around, most work okay. They are a great source for a Anamorphic prism pair and a cool little c-mount diode mount with TEC.

Hiemal

Well keep in mind the head might be knocked out of alignment... either from taking it apart or from the purchase. I'm assuming you bought the non-functioning 473nm head on feebay, did you buy a $25 "no light" laser or the $35 underspec laser?

The underspec 473 nm one, the one that everyone buys.

It worked absolutely fine before I took it apart. I just want to be able to use it in a portable way; I dislike labbies.

Would anyone be willing to maybe machine up something like that sled thing JLSE made? Something smaller perhaps?

I don't have a particularly large budget, so... if you would please PM me if you'd like to, that would be great.

benmwv

Hey, I got mine too.

What was up with yours? Mine has two small dots off to the right. I haven't opened it up yet, I'll be very cautious now.

Hiemal

Well, during my fiddling I somehow managed to make the diode go LED...

Blord

That is a real shame. Sorry for the loss. :(
Maybe you can find a replacement IR diode to fix it.

Well, during my fiddling I somehow managed to make the diode go LED...

Well that sucks indeed.. What kind of Diode was it?

And i am sure that if you need any help or have quetion JLSE can help. That guy allready build everything it seems :shhh:

greetings,,