Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

450nm diodes still expensive?

Not only that it would be more pain than you think, it would also stop being true blue after 1 meter of traveling distance.

You should know, I see a bluray laser you own in your sign, you know how the dot and beam get fuzzy when you look at them from >1m of distance.

Also, green will overpower a bluray in therms of visibility greatly.

yep, I know well how a BR gets fuzzy after a little bit. Never experimented over a distance shining it and my green together. (I need to update my sig, It doesn't properly reflect my collection now. >:) ) I wonder about using an underpowered green laser then to get a blue dot at a distance.. for that matter, the white fusion kits out there are mixing RGV together, so do they look more yellow over a distance? curious now.

yep, I know well how a BR gets fuzzy after a little bit. Never experimented over a distance shining it and my green together. (I need to update my sig, It doesn't properly reflect my collection now. >:) ) I wonder about using an underpowered green laser then to get a blue dot at a distance.. for that matter, the white fusion kits out there are mixing RGV together, so do they look more yellow over a distance? curious now.
I would not know but I think the beam would be white for first meter, and later yellowish with blue cone around it.

I don't own any of those so I'm just guessin'.

445nm diodes go up to 1W last I heard. It's around $9,000 for just the 1W diode. It's still cheaper than an equally powered LBO system. Kvant doesn't use these, they use several smaller ones with better beams that are combined with knife-edge mirrors. I'm not sure what the lower power ones cost.

Well my friend has a 5oomW one and a 1Watt... They make a nice color, just sooooo expensive.... and no warranty....
No he means 450nm, as written, I glimphsed a datasheet once, those are blue diodes developedby nichia.
They went to 80mW according to datasheet, if I remember correctly (which I most likely do not :p)

EDIT: YAY my 500th post! I am 2M now :D