Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445nm to light candle?

How much mW would it take to ignite a candle? (Light it) using a 445nm laser!

DrSid

My 1.5W can do it so so .. todays 2W builds should do it.

I was able to relight a wick with a lazerer 1.2w stick. If you hold the laser straight over the candle the smoke will interfere, however.

I was able to relight a wick with a lazerer 1.2w stick. If you hold the laser straight over the candle the smoke will interfere, however.
Relighting seems to make more sense.... lighting a candle thats never been lit seems like the white wick might be a tougher job.... then again, I guess it probably would turn black rather quickly from the laser itself, then absorb more light and light up....

I'll have to try this with my 1.7w....

Relighting seems to make more sense.... lighting a candle thats never been lit seems like the white wick might be a tougher job.... then again, I guess it probably would turn black rather quickly from the laser itself, then absorb more light and light up....

I'll have to try this with my 1.7w....

I was able to light a candle with an M-140 with 1,35A linear driver... What do you think my output is? (3 element lens)

The beam specs arent as good.... personally I'd rather have a more "laser like" beam over a higher power "flashlight like" beam...

I cant say from personal experience, but I've read about them/seen pictures and I personally like the tighter beam made by the 3-element lens. At 10yrds its about twice the size as a 3-element lens dot at the same distance. It still definitely looks like a laser, but the beam specs are definitely not for pointing long distances or keeping the laser like profile.

These G-2 and G-1 lenses are definitely made with maximum output power in mind, but not so much the beam quality... so if you are only going to use your laser as a short distance burner, then go for it... Any lens that has 1 element is going to make better power than a 3 element lens. I think the 9mm diodes have a single element glass lens, which means more power, AND they have a tight beam profile.... Not certain on that but I have seen others talking about it on here...

I cant say from personal experience, but I've read about them/seen pictures and I personally like the tighter beam made by the 3-element lens. At 10yrds its about twice the size as a 3-element lens dot at the same distance. It still definitely looks like a laser, but the beam specs are definitely not for pointing long distances or keeping the laser like profile.

These G-2 and G-1 lenses are definitely made with maximum output power in mind, but not so much the beam quality... so if you are only going to use your laser as a short distance burner, then go for it... Any lens that has 1 element is going to make better power than a 3 element lens. I think the 9mm diodes have a single element glass lens, which means more power, AND they have a tight beam profile.... Not certain on that but I have seen others talking about it on here...

Alright thanks :) I guess I could get a G2 and just attach it to a second focus adapter and alternate