Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445nm laser output power question

Recently i finished my A-140 laser project, i am driving it at 1.25 amps, according to the chart the seller provided it says that at that current the diode should be putting out about 1.3 watts, i am using an aixiz 3 element glass lens, about how much power could this thing be putting out? i do not have a laser power meter to test it

Recently i finished my A-140 laser project, i am driving it at 1.25 amps, according to the chart the seller provided it says that at that current the diode should be putting out about 1.3 watts, i am using an aixiz 3 element glass lens, about how much power could this thing be putting out? i do not have a laser power meter to test it

The A140 is a little less powerful than the M140, with a 3 element lens its probably more like 1W. The chart the seller provided may have been done with a G2 or G1 lens, they will boost your power about 30% over a 3 element lens, however those diodes can vary quite a bit so you may have a better one or one below average. You can't tell without testing with an LPM.

Alan

That's about what I was thinking, I have a m140 on the way, driven at 1.8 amps should output about 2 watts as I was told, does that sound accurate?

My first laser build is an M140 with a 1.8A X-drive and works like a charm. I've measured 2.285 watts of optical power with my friend's LPM. It burns, it cuts, it's bright as heck. Good luck on your build man ;)

Last edited:
My first was my A140 with a 1.25 amp buck driver, im impressed with the results, just looking for something a little more powerful now :)