Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445nm C6 build

sinner

I have a few questions about this part.... for the thermal epoxy I'm going to use to sink my benboost mini v5 to the pill, I purchased THIS

Now I dont know much about the driver itself, but I was told by Moh to heatsink the part of the driver that has a little copper bar on it. This thermal epoxy I'm using says it is for permanent jobs, not for use on things like CPUs.

Now I also see you guys also saying to use thermal paste on the module, where it meets with the heatsink. Seeing as how this thermal epoxy I bought has two syringes, I am assuming one is the actual thermally conductive paste, and the other is the resin that cures it. Would I be ok using the paste stuff or do I need to order a separate compound, like regular old CPU paste?

And in regards to using thermal paste on the pill where it meets the heatsink, is that really necessary? Or between the heatsink and host? I didnt think the fit would be tight enough between the heatsink and host to actually benefit from compound there, at least thats how it is with my greenie....

Thats a very good question actually, I have no specific data or arbitrary recommendation for the use on one part out of the two-part epoxy to use just as thermal grease. For this purpose you might be able to find some information on the arctic silver's official website..

But i would assume the one with micronized particles would be the one to use, and the other one would be the curing agent..

For the purpose of mounting the ben-boost driver this adhesive is the best buy out there in the <$10 range.. And i think he's suggesting you to sink the driver just fine..

As far as the heatsinking of heatsink-to-host and heatsink to pill is concerned i think you dont need it because you are just building a basic laser assembly with a requirement of a duty cycle, and for this 60s/60s i dont suppose this would be just fine either way! but doing so will satisfy your doubts which you may/maynot have if any!

These 5$ glasses blocked out 100% of the mW in a test with a 2W 445nm laser! And they come with a case!

(GLASSES)

Get the red pair.

Last edited:
Awesome :) Sadly I have no LPM so I won't be able to test them... Can't wait for the results! :)

You probably should wait for his results. You never said who had tested them before and if all you have to go on is a sellers word on Ebay, well enough said...;) :beer:

Edit: Just so you know there was a lot of discussion about the UVEX safety goggles that tsteele93 found. One of the main arguments was that UVEX could change the composition or dyes used in the goggles at any time without notifying people. The glasses were only safety goggles, and not specifically laser goggles, after all...Here you have a nondescript pair of goggles that could be switched out by the seller or changed by the manufacturer at any time and you would have no idea. That's why, if you are not buying certified and tested laser goggles, its a good idea to actually test your goggles yourself, just to be sure. :beer:

Last edited:
You probably should wait for his results. You never said who had tested them before and if all you have to go on is a sellers word on Ebay, well enough said...;) :beer:

Edit: Just so you know there was a lot of discussion about the UVEX safety goggles that tsteele93 found. One of the main arguments was that UVEX could change the composition or dyes used in the goggles at any time without notifying people. The glasses were only safety goggles, and not specifically laser goggles, after all...Here you have a nondescript pair of goggles that could be switched out by the seller or changed by the manufacturer at any time and you would have no idea. That's why, if you are not buying certified and tested laser goggles, its a good idea to actually test your goggles yourself, just to be sure. :beer:

Alright, thanks :) It was 5$ so I said hey why not. If they suck, I'll get a case out of it haha

bump

Added a focus adapter that I found in a bag (was part of an old broken Lazerer), thought it would make it look more 'complete'!

Sadly, it's a little scratched so I'll have to repaint or polish it :)

Build is complete, waiting for the batteries now! (courtesy of Jakeyboii) :)

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
bump

Added a focus adapter that I found in a bag (was part of an old broken Lazerer), thought it would make it look more 'complete'!

Sadly, it's a little scratched so I'll have to repaint or polish it :)

Build is complete, waiting for the batteries now! (courtesy of Jakeyboii) :)

Your welcome, I can never find anything to buy so I thought I'd give my money to you haha ;)

Here we go ;D

53520567.png

Last edited: