Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445nm 2W driver + 1,6W M140 Diode - HELP!

Yup.:beer:

Edit: Techhood is a good seller, but I have no experience with that driver. Ive never actually seen it before.

Last edited:
Buy a better driver...;) The first one you linked would have been fine, it had a pot and could do 1.8 A (the max recommended for the M140's).

The new driver you have just linked says 300 mW - 1 W? Did you have to specify the current? The driver has no pot so Im guessing its set by choosing the correct resistors. If you want a better driver look up lazeerer, Foulmist... etc they all produce excellent drivers designed specifically for sensitive Laser diodes.:beer:

Tmack

Contact user lazeerer for a great driver. For optimum performance as mentioned above you'll need 1.8a. On a build of mine 1.8a gave me around 1700mw from a m140 . My latest build gives around 1.5mw from 1.25a. The efficiency of the diode also plays a part in performance but that can't be determined until the laser is working .