Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

445and447

What's the difference between 445 and 447. They are both blue but is one stronger then the other ?

The range for most diode lasers is +/-10nm. The Nichia diodes are 455nm at a case temp of 26*C I believe, and diodes usually shift wavelength by .3nm/*C, I assume places like Dragon Lasers and CNI just took a mean wavelength.

That would make no sense, you can't tell the difference without very expensive equipment and there's no benefit to labeling it as something 'brighter' when it's only 2nm brighter.

HIMNL9

Uhm ..... if Casio diodes are really the Nichia chips in 5,6mm cans, i remember that their first datasheets was specificating "medium wavelenght 445nm" with "minimum 440" and "maximum 455" ..... so, no differences at all ..... is probably just a commercial trick for make the buyers think they are buying something different ;)

The difference is CNI actually measured it, and it that was the average, and DragonLasers posted whatever it said on the diode specs.