Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

405nm JBL4306 Laser Suddenly Dim

d16its

Hello, new to the forum, but seems like a very educated and diverse community that I look forward to being apart of.

I Recently purchased a simple 405nm JBL4306 laser pointer and although the beam wasn't a solid single violet point, and instead 1 strong center dot surrounded by maybe 5 weaker dots about .5mm away when focused.... I couldn't really complain, it would burn slightly when focused, even at long distances if the object was black and for a first laser, I was satisfied.

However, the light is now extremely dim. Im Assuming it happened after it may have had a slight knock against something but its not like it fell on the floor or anything, was just in my pocket and hit the door as I walked by..

I didn't pay much, but until I purchase another laser,

Is there anything anyone could recommend to "try" to do to maybe fix it up?

- I know this model is hard to open, however I have tools im willing to give it a go (why not)

My theory is, since it was such a small hit that caused this issue, then it must be something simple to fix. Once I know what I need to do...

So any suggestions on the cause of the dimming and ways to fix it if the circuit was accessable will be greatly appreciated!

Also, there is a round edge about an inch from the focus point too now... Idk.. im about to just start digging inside it and would rather have some guidance before I do so lol.

Thank you,
d16its

Last edited:

Assuming a freshly charged good battery, how long did you leave it on at any one time ---maybe you burned it out, damaged by thermal runaway

First Post--big Texas welcome-- check out the 'Newcomers' section-- IF you put a location in your 'intro' title there you will get some nice greets from members near you--enjoy the forum!! stay safe and well..

It would be a shame for you to miss a Laser Gathering near you-- these are great meets-(LEMS)- AND while there NOBODY will ask you 'Why Lasers? Why do you need more than one? ' if they HAVE to ask they will not understand the answer so--- meh

Back