Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm GLP

zl44y9.jpg

My first Class IIIa laser sold to me by the one and only Hap. I always wanted a legitimate GLP since I started the hobby and 405nm is my favorite wavelength so far that I've seen in person so I knew this deal was for me when I saw it. I was a little worried about it's quoted 6mW for I know how low 405 beam visibility is but lately I've been trying to appreciate wavelength more than power plus I figured I didn't have any lasers I could use for actual pointing. I must say I'm impressed! Obviously it's incredibly dim, but in a really dark environment you can see the slightest traces of a beam which I had no expectations for whatsoever. The divergence is beyond amazing for the lil distance this thing will go and I bet the battery life is gonna be ridiculously long. The quality in CNI products definitely show; thank you Hap for giving me the chance to see that for myself finally! Now one day I just need to get a yellow GLP and I'll be set XD Thanks for looking guys!

Nice grab. And yeah, those low power units can be nice as you can show them to people without needing safety glasses for everyone and you can worry less about reflections posing an instant danger etc. Not saying forgo safety, just that sometimes, class 4 is just too much :beer: enjoy the unit.

Nice photo. I'm happy you were able to get this and add to your collection. :yh:

Nice photo. I'm happy you were able to get this and add to your collection. :yh:

Paul I feel like this is a question you could answer; when this pen is on you can actually hear an extremely high pitch frequency coming from it. Is this normal?

You are probably hearing a harmonic of the boost driver frequency. Usually these are so high humans can't hear them, but it must be below 20 KHz in this case. I wouldn't be concerned about it. It must be quite faint. Then again, it could be the primary frequency, instead. You probably have very good hearing, especially at high frequencies.

Last edited:
You are probably hearing a harmonic of the boost driver frequency. Usually these are so high humans can't hear them, but it must be below 20 KHz in this case. I wouldn't be concerned about it. It must be quite faint. Then again, it could be the primary frequency, instead. You probably have very good hearing, especially at high frequencies.

It's definitely very faint. Just glad it's nothing to be concerned with! Thank you Paul! I was 110% confident that you'd know the answer haha I love the forum. All you guys are seriously great!