Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm Diode question

DTR

Good deal they should ship Monday or Tuesday.:beer:

Great! As far as voltage is concerned, does it take two cr123a's or just one 18650 @ 400mA? I know it can depend on the driver, but what input voltage am I looking at for this diode?

Last edited:

DTR

It completely depends on the driver. If it is a boost driver like a flexdrive then you just will use a single 3.7V Li-Ion. If it is a linear driver you will need two 3.7V Li-Ions in series or more if the driver can handle it.;)

I'm only familiar with linear drivers currently.... the thing that confuses me about the flexdrives is the difference in wiring. I know that the case pin is wired to the negative input on the driver, but I do not get how that creates a complete circuit unless you make contact with the case also from the diode lead which you do not.

Although a flexdrive does sound very nice in that you only need 3.7V... will you have any flexdrives in stock by the time the diode ships?

DTR

There is no difference in the wiring. You can use the case pin to provide path to ground on a linear driver as well. You also don't have to use the case pin with either driver if your host provides a ground lead. The case pin works when the module the diode is mounted in is in direct electrical contact with the host body.

Contact Flaminpyro. He has some flexdrives left in stock last I checked.:beer:

Ah... there is an electrical connection from host to heatsink to module to diode? Didn't know that lol... but then again the case pin is rarely used except in these drivers which I've never used before.

Thanks so much again DTR - I pmed flaminpyro, hopefully he will have some!