Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

405nm 500mW engraver laser module

Hi everyone. I want to ask you about true output power of laser engraver module. I bought this laser module.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32562052620.html
It should be a 500mW power laser, but if i am measured a input current so it was only 290mA, when i turn off laser by a TTL, so input current is 90mA, so a conclusion is that only laser has consumption 200mA, so if i compare for example PHR805T has for 120mW has 120mA consuption.
What do you think? It will be safety if i a little bit add on power driver? maybe from a 200mA on 300mA?

These blue ray diodes have a forward voltage around half of your supply voltage to the driver. That means you can't go by what the driver pulls at +12 volts in as the current the diode is set to take. The only way you can know for certain how much power this delivers to your target is to measure it using a laser power meter. There really is no other way. I would not try to adjust the current to the diode until you know what power it is outputting.

IMG_20191226_192311.jpg
Yes, true, on diode is 5,96V, half of supply voltage.
But on board si small trimer VR1, it should be a trimer for current.
Is possible to produce laser power meter at home?

Sure, but you still need a calibrated LPM and some lasers to calibrate the one you build. So, without having these you are better off just buying a calibrated laser power meter.

Hello new member--welcome.
I noticed that you failed to place an 'intro' of yourself in the newcomers section---not too late to do that IMO.
It is best if you place your location into the intro title and in your personal profile.

WE are blessed with great members all over the world AND most like to help and MANY own LPMs (Laser Power Meters)and we are very happy to meter lasers for anyone.

The WELCOME/ newcomers section is read a lot by many and we will let you know if a meet-up can happen==there is no LPM that can be made cheap and still work well. We have lots on CC gear-users - 405nm is a fav due to tiny dot and fast burner.

ALSO there are meets everywhere called LEMs-- the most are in USA but many elsewhere too. These events are super-- Nice members and willing to help. Most of us have nobody locally to share our "hobby'' and w/0 the location in an intro and profile-- we have no way to invite you...
The forum we had before showed our location below our avatar EVERY time we made a post or thread-- this was helpful and many here miss that feature... IF your location is in yr profile that will show when a cursor is placed on your avatar==no way as good but ATM it is all we have...

Almost every first-timer sez--''wow it was awesome, I had no idea-- ...I wish it had lasted longer!!''

Friends and family can attend free-- only forum members have to pay-- this can help lower your costs -- kinda dangerous at these so leave the young ones home. Bring items for the BS&T area-- the best deals happen in the last hours.

There is always a thread for these and anyone can ask for items to be brought to the LEM to buy.

You will see up-close rare gas lasers and much more--seminars-demos- new product meetings and lots of free stuff.

SELEM has grown to three venues at the same location ( a big school)

hope to see you there!!
hak