Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

4 sale: The Laser Box: Blue-Violet Edition

Skram0

Going going gone...

I have up for auction a laser box kit. All items included in the pictures below. This is a blue-violet edition, meaning it's the blu-ray 405nm violet laser, like the ones sold by Daedal here on the forum (actually this was one of the diodes sold by daedal). I made a driver and put it into the box which is capable of over 300mA, but would probably require a heat sink if used at that power. It uses dual caps for the best in spike protection, and a diode for reverse voltage protection.

The blu-ray laser is tuned to 40mA (about 18mW going by the graph of power output posted here), just above lasing threshold, and is adjustable using the built-in potentiometer. But I wouldn't suggest going above what it's set at or risk blowing the laser. This makes certain materials and UV reactive objects fluoresce like a black light. It comes with a UV reactive 4-pin molex, w/power button, for 24/7 use in a computer and accepts 8-12 volts DC input (so it can be modular with a 9v battery). The temperature stays barely warm even with extended use. Also included are some UV reactive rubber buttons, glass, and plastic pieces with some material for sticking the pieces in any location for bouncing the beam all around the inside of your computer case.

Buy this alone for either the powerful-adjustable driver which can be used for just about anything, or just the blu-ray diode in a focusable housing. Very low price. Read more at the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=180185183793

0654_1.JPG
0682_1.JPG

06b7_1.JPG
06e8_1.JPG

S

SenKat

nice marketing - I wish you the best of luck with that ! :) Looks splendid, no joke ! I woulda NEVER thought of it as a case mod for a PC, and I have UV ALL over the inside of my PC !!! Total acrylic case, and lotsa UV reactive stuffs inside :)

Gazoo

I have thought about using it inside of my PC but currently I don't have any ultraviolet lights in it.. :p

Anyway, it is very nice...I like the box the driver is in... :)

Things

Hey senkat, that looks like the box you shipped my diodes in, but the clear version! Nice work, if i had the money, you would have had a sale!

Skram0

things said:
Hey senkat, that looks like the box you shipped my diodes in, but the clear version! Nice work, if i had the money, you would have had a sale!
Heh, I had already purchased the boxes from elsewhere. Then I ordered some of Senkat's diodes and he shipped them in his green boxes. I kind of chuckled to myself when I saw it. Even has the same dimple (die cast dot) as the clear ones. Must be from the same manufacturer. :)

Gazoo said:
I have thought about using it inside of my PC but currently I don't have any ultraviolet lights in it.. :p
Well, you could have a rare blue-violet laser inside your case with the same properties as an ultraviolet light if you purchase this unit. ;) ;)

Gazoo

Thanks but I already have a blu-ray module running merrily along...and I still have two sleds to harvest. BUT...I am very impressed with the way you are advertising yours on your e-bay auction. I hope you do well and make a nice chunk of change.... :)

Skram0

Tough crowd. What a crappy market. :-/
At least my auction was 100% legit. Unlike those other guys who bid against themselves using hidden names with 0 feedback. That's just wrong. If someone's hiding names, then they have something to hide.

S

SenKat

Oh man :( That sucks that it went so damned cheap ! I shoulda watched it carefully, but I thought it would sky-rocket like all the other blu-rays :( Rotten luck man....DAMNED nice advertising though ! Seriously, I like it ! :)

Skram0

TheMonk said:
This one sold for $202, may be people like it as a portable unit. ::)
Or maybe it was false advertising on the Nichia diode. Probably just a PS3 diode hot wired in the case. They don't put Nichia's in PS3s do they? Didn't they at one point until Sony was able to make their own production?

PS3 diodes are made by Nichia in collaboration with Sony afaik. So the guy is not lying. Besides look at how many bluray lasers he has sold. He's built up a solid reputation whereas yours is a first bluray. gotta get into the market early for these things. ;)

I really like your logo and box and all. Very neat. Nice toys too. Very tempted to bid on it myself if I didn't already have 2xBR coming my way.