Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

4 pins flat laser diode project.

XrayX

Hi every body it's been a long time I was away from laser because of life project.

But today i find a dvd burner from an old laptop that never burn one dvd or cd in his life. It's a toshiba ts-l633 seem's to be a x8 dvd burner FROM 2010 .

I find a 4pins laser diode . It work with my multimeter . it emitt very little light.

I want to ask if you have some "aixiz" modded modul for it and a driver? i HOPE 300MW IF POSSIBLE?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    733.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 20

leo.b

Hi

Do you have this 4 pin red laser diode that i found is the same that you have?

I had made a post today about this diode with a strange situation that i had, when i attached it on a driver board that i found.

D03A5D0C-B8CB-4EC4-964B-9DCDC08A7702.jpeg

Prepare for disappointment. Those flat package reds are always a letdown on how little output they make.. you're not going to find a way to get that in to an AIXIZ module due to the way they interface the heatsink, I would just try to mount the diode as you already have it on to a larger heatsink and figure out a way to get a lens secured in front of it.

Usually those flat ones are better left in the DVD sled to operate them, there's a few things you need to do if you decide to use it in the sled that I gave instructions for here ->Me explaining stuff
Powered by Froala Editor

gazer101

Prepare for disappointment. Those flat package reds are always a letdown on how little output they make.. you're not going to find a way to get that in to an AIXIZ module due to the way they interface the heatsink, I would just try to mount the diode as you already have it on to a larger heatsink and figure out a way to get a lens secured in front of it.

Usually those flat ones are better left in the DVD sled to operate them, there's a few things you need to do if you decide to use it in the sled that I gave instructions for here ->Me explaining stuff