Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3x2x0.25 Battery?

I have a battery box I'm working with, and I'm looking for a battery as close to as possible to 3x2x0.25 (inches). The closest I've gotten is a Galaxy Note II battery at 2.2x2x0.25, but I'd like one a little bigger (with more power), but it can't be too expensive, either. I've found that battery online for a little over $5 (plus $5 shipping), so I'd be willing to go a little more expensive, but not too much. Any ideas?

ARG

The note 2 battery is probably as close as you're going to get. Li-ion packs closer to your size are not as robust as a modern phone battery and wont have the same capacity despite being physically larger.
Source: This 2Ah li-ion is around the same size as a 3Ah phone battery: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8483

My note 3 battery is around the size you want. Not sure if it's an improvement over the note 2 though.

Last edited:
The Note 3 battery is 3200mAh, vs 3100mAh on the Note II, but they're twice the price, maybe more, so not really worth the money for such a small increase in power.

Last edited:
For those wondering, the approximate normal dimensions are:
6x50x76 (6.35x50.8x76.2mm according to google, rounded down)

The theoretical designation for this lipoly would be 605076.

best of luck on your search. Remember, higher power cells will often have lower capacity, if both take up same volume.