Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3Watt 445nm Laser SOLD

GSS

Congratulations on your sale, Jhop. It wasn't quick, but it is done. You never know on eBay as somethings may catch a person's eye and others will languish. Selling an old video game for 350% of what you paid for it is unusual. Good luck on your other sales.
Yup, a good example is this one guy the "infamous" Steve Wall who was selling or wanting to sell a Star Trek playmates brand phaser for like $900 with just an added M140:yabbmad:
I due believe if he did end up selling any, people caught on quick or I hope. Then came the copycats trying to catch on the crazyness :(

Who would have $900 to throw away on a phaser toy laser with an M140 diode in it? I can't believe there were many people who took the bait on that one. At $900 a pop, you'd expect someone to do a little research into the actual costs of the individual parts to see if it was anywhere near at least half the cost of the build. If I saw the price of the toy phaser, that would be enough to make me steer clear of his crap. For $900 you can buy a very nice DPSS laser in fairly high powers. I guess at those prices you only need one or two to bite.

GSS

Who would have $900 to throw away on a phaser toy laser with an M140 diode in it? I can't believe there were many people who took the bait on that one. At $900 a pop, you'd expect someone to do a little research into the actual costs of the individual parts to see if it was anywhere near at least half the cost of the build. If I saw the price of the toy phaser, that would be enough to make me steer clear of his crap. For $900 you can buy a very nice DPSS laser in fairly high powers. I guess at those prices you only need one or two to bite.
Well his U tubes video's play the theme of the original Star Trek while he's lighting a match or two and then igniting some steel wool to give the "poof" affect.
I can see kids cashing in their savings bonds that they got as gifts from their grandparents:undecided: thinking its a REAL phaser:(
Then the disappointment that its a piece of plastic that won't vaporize anything and being a "Playmates" brand doesn't look all to much like the real prop:can:
He has to be targeting kids and offers no refunds:rolleyes:
Playmates prop around $50
Diode and driver who knows?? as he salvages projectors..He's in the laser show gig.:whistle:
Trigger switch $2..
Heatsink is AL maby 3/4" OD x 3/4"L as not much room.

He's disabled every comment on his sight:whistle:

Last edited:
What a fraud! There has to be a way of alerting the unsuspecting kids of this greedy individual. :(