Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3W Mag Machine!!! [PIC HEAVY] 9mm 445nm Build!!!

Hello LPF, today I present to you THE MOST POWERFUL laser I have ever built. You can find the build thread HERE:lasergun:

First, this machine of pure amplified light could not have come into existence had it not been for a few, very much appreciated members here; Mrcrouse, DTR, and Flaminpyro

The Mag Machine

The Host:
The massive 2D Maglite was the perfect candidate for handling the extreme heat produced by the beefy 9mm diode. So, I proceeded and bought one from Mrcrouse who kindly went out of his way to order another blue one as they were out of that particular color. I received the host pretty quickly considering this and I plan to go back to Mrcrouse for more hosts in the future.;)

Very well packaged:)
photo1.jpg

The "Plug and Burn" feature as he cleverly calls it:p
photo3.jpg

For the battery compartment, I made my own spacer tube to hold two AW 18350 batteries inside
photo2.jpg

The Driver and Diode:
I needed to give the 9mm diode a challenge, so naturally I pushed him at 2.4A using the reliable X-Drive. The X-Drive and Diode both came in the mail in only a few days which I am extremely happy with:)

The X-Drive glued to the heatsink with arctic alumina thermal adhesive with an extra copper heatsink for extra measure
photo11.jpg

The innards of the laser:p
photo10.jpg

The Result:
After putting it all together, you have the final result... I'll let the pictures do the talking:D

photo7.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo12.jpg

photo13.jpg

photo14.jpg

photo4.jpg

3.1W OF POWER!!!:drool: That's using the G-2 type lens from techhood

Anyway, I am very happy about this build and all the great service I experienced when ordering the parts:) 3W of power is definitely not something to mess with:tsk: and will light many things on fire.
Extreme caution is necessary!:wave:

Thanks for looking! :thanks:​

IsaacT

Congrats on your first 3W+ build! Welcome to the DANGER ZONE! The pics look great and the host looks nice even though I'm not partial to the mags.

Thanks! and Danger Zone is right! It'll start to burn my desk in less than a second of exposure