Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3W CopperTop 9mm 450nm Copper Build

First off let me say a beautiful build. I'm definately interested if it can meet my requirements.

Currently I'm using a survival laser 1.4 watt to help erradicate pests my reef aquarium. I'm have a particular problem with Hydroids, very tenacious. They aren't affected by my 1400 mwatt unit.

Can your units focus from three inches to 24 inches? The width of my tank.

2. What is the duty cycle of your units I assume minute on minute off. Anyways great job with the build.

Jason

plexus

Thanks for the feedback on the build post. they really are nice lasers thanks to sinner's great hosts.

The laser can focus to a point within a 1-2' distance from the aperture. you can simply focus it to a point and then move the focal point to within your take volume. it will focus at least 2' to accommodate the width of your tank. the duty cycle is pretty long, i'd say 3 mins on and 5 mins off to be safe. but for normal use 1 min on 1 min off would ensure longer LD life.

RayJay

Just wondering where you got those little copper driver heat syncs?

Make some Ray. Buy some 10mm x 10mm copper bar from ebay and just cut your own to size 8 bucks will make you maybe 50. thats a lot of builds!

plexus

As per the previous post, I made them. I used copper shims. first I rough cut them with a diamond wheel. each pair had to be made as a pair to fit into the host in the right way. i wanted to have as much surface contact with the inside of the heatsink as possible. this required arduous hand filing. i 3D printed a jig I used to the hold the slug so I could file the surfaces down - they were too small to hold by hand and file. copper is not easy to work with. this was one of the main feature of this build and what contributes to its safe and stable long run time.

plexus

All lasers in this post are SOLD. thanks everyone for your enthusiasm and repeat business. I am glad I was able to make some high performance lasers that meet your high expectations!