Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3D Printer Solid State Laser Help

E34M60

20191009_223453.jpg20191009_223511.jpg

Hello everyone,

My name is Angelo and I am new to the forum, I've been reading some of the posts and figure I would ask for help as it seems there are many experts on this forum. Anyways, I have a 3D printer that uses a Spectra Physics solid state laser Nd:YVO4 and recently my power has dropped by more than 50%, from 101 mw to 44 mw. I have been trying to diagnose the problem and have had no luck. I was wondering if anyone out there have any experience with this type of laser and could help me out. I have attached pictures of the inside of the laser and circled the part where I think is the problem. What do you guys think? What is this part called? Is it normal for it to be black when the other one in the laser is copper?

Thank you in advance for your help and your time.

Kind regards

E34M60

Here's another image of the full unit and the part in question circled.

20191023_150714(2).jpg

Thank you!

Encap

From the look of it , if it is an industrial 3D unit--- ask the manufacturer"s service dept or call Newport/Spectra Physics and ask them to help sort it out. Might help if you gave Make and Model number, Age, and Hours of use etc.
Could be any number of reasons why output power is reduced and it's maker would be most familiar with problems that occur from time to time.

Alternatively maybe ask these guys or similar: https://www.cascadelaser.com/diode-pumped.html

E34M60

From the look of it , if it is an industrial 3D unit--- ask the manufacturer"s service dept or call Newport/Spectra Physics and ask them to help sort it out. Might help if you gave Make and Model number, Age, and Hours of use etc.
Could be any number of reasons why output power is reduced and it's maker would be most familiar with problems that occur from time to time.

Alternatively maybe ask these guys

Thank you for the suggestions and the link.