Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

3d printed diode press model by Shmackitup aka Barrnet Unlimited

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I remember reading somewhere on here that someone made 3d printed diode presses but can't find it anywhere. Anyone know who that was? I need a 9mm one. Thanks

EDIT: Model provided by Shmackitup and it works great. Use pla+ by sunlu and it will withstand multiple uses. Settings:

Layer height 2.0mm
Infill 100%
General pla settings for your printer
For pla+ I wouldn't recommend using a raft. I've had more problems trying to remove it than not using it at all. If you aren't using a pei sheet or having other issues use one layer of glue stick.

Last edited:

How well does it work?
It depends.....

If the diodes press in easily then it works fine but if they're too snug then the press kind of gets crushed. The 5.6mm press may work once if you're lucky. If it's a salvaged diode with solder on the sides then it's usually a very tight fit so you would have to scrape that down first. Also, the material you print them with plays a huge factor. PLA is way too soft and squishy. I've had the best luck with Poly Carbonate but that requires very high heat to print with and not every printer has that ability.

Back