Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

32650 Unprotected/Protected Li-Ion

Onryo

I have been using AW IMR red unprotected cells for most of my builds. I am always worried about them being discharged below their braking point. A real pain to check the voltage all the time. Recently I needed a D (32650) Li-ion. Picked up a Feilong over at feilong (the postage was stupid expensive to Europe). Still unprotected.

A friend of mine told me the same battery is sold for 17USD with free shipping over at 32650 Unprotected. I got this battery too and indeed it “acts” like the Fei-Long. Probably i the same battery.

Then I saw there was a protected version of this 32650 battery for 22USD! 32650 Protected

What I am wondering is will a protected battery be able to fork out the current needed for a boost driver that feeds a M140 diode with 1.82A? I am a little iffy it it could. 3C I guess means x3 of the total capacity?

Can somebody shed some light on this?

All the best
Onryo

ARG

3C means you can draw 3x the total capacity of the battery. You can easily run a 1.82A boost driver from those.

Onryo

Thx, just what I wanted to hear =)
So this protected 32650 can pump out 15A 3x (5000mA) of current but the protecting circuitry limits it to 5A or so. Just like you said more then enough =)

BTW I tested out the unprotected 32650 (6000mA) by changing it with a CV/CC charger to exactly 4.2V. Put a load 1 ohm (10 Watt power resistor) across it and measured the voltage drop every 5 min. Stopped at 3V =). Both the Fei Long and the Kaidomain discharged exactly the same.

All the best
Onryo

Last edited: